Thursday, November 6, 2008

All the good cliches are gone...

The writers who have filled the front pages of newspapers, the talking heads on TV who have been practically weeping for joy, not to mention Jon Stewart, have taken all the good expressions to say we are very happy that Obama was elected. A new day for us all...there, I've slipped one in.
I am incurably, slightly interested in Sarah Palin. I can't believe anyone cares how much was spent on her wardrobe? I would expect it. I am fascinated that she is back in Alaska, swathed in a sweatshirt, and holding her baby in front of her. In anyone else it would seem that she was using the baby as a shield. Palin's confidence is her shield. I don't agree with her politics. I wish she knew more about the world. But, mama, she is one strong woman. Someday, she will discover her "g's" hidden in the belly of the killer whale she is guttin'. That makes no sense. But neither did choosing a running mate who, like a geography major I met in the card shop at Harvard U., did not know what countries are in North America. In the end, she is the Governor of Alaska, with a closet full of hot new clothes, a great husband, and a great future. I, on the other hand, wonder if Starbucks is hiring.

No comments: